- This event has passed.
Autumn Arts Festival – Watercolor and Acrylic
October 20, 2015 - October 29, 2015$3295
Dates: 10/20/2015 – 10/29/2015
Location: Tuscany – Dievole Chianti Classico Winery
Instructor: Lynn Stender
Price: $3,295 Sign Up For Autumn Arts Festival – Watercolor and Acrylic
Il Chiostro celebrates this time of the year in Tuscany with our final program – The Autumn Arts Festival. We offer 3 separate workshops that all overlap throughout this 10-day celebration of the arts, the harvest, the wine and this wonderful region of Italy. The workshops are:
- Painting in Watercolor & Acrylic plus Collage with Lynn Stender
- Tuscan Cuisine with Linda Mironti and Andrea Anichini
- Photography TBD
In addition to your workshop we offer Italian Opera Appreciation lectures with Prof. Lincoln Clark each evening before dinner. This is open to all participants.
Program Description – Painting in Watercolor & Acrylic plus Collage:
In our daily plein air painting classes we will explore various settings around the vineyard, nearby valleys, and hilltowns as subjects to study composition, luminous palettes and brush techniques. We will experiment with the famous Tuscan light in our own paintings, then visit the museums in Siena and Florence to view the Medieval and Renaissance masters. We will learn from each other through daily critiques with the instructor. At the end of the program we will hang a final exhibit for all participants.
Price: $3,295* p/p
limited number of suites available for a $450 p/p supplement
single supplement $600 (limited number available)
*Early Bird Special $3,100 if registered by March 1, 2015.
- Room (double or suite) with full bathroom
- 2 meals per day (dinner with wine and full Tuscan breakfast)
- Workshop tuition and fees (except where noted)
- General activities (except where noted)
- Transfers between Siena train or bus station and Dievole
Note: if you are traveling alone, we can match you up with a roommate.
Departure is on morning of October 29th.
General Activities Open to All Participants (in addition to workshop):
Most activities take place in and around the 900 year old Dievole estate & vineyard.
- Winery tour and tasting, featuring Dievole`s Chianti Classico
- Italian Opera Appreciation classes every evening before dinner
- Excursion to Siena
- 1-day excursion to Florence
- Dinner in the old cantina
- Various topical excursions with your class
- Special evening concerts and surprise entertainment, TBA
- Pig Roast celebrating the harvest and the arts
Price does not include:
- Museum admissions
- Art supplies, laptops or other equipment for workshops.
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to us live at 800-990-3506.